CHUMS heavily depends upon money raised by our charity to pay for much of what we do.
All money donated to Friends of CHUMS goes towards funding parts of the CHUMS service that receive no contractual funding.
- The Trauma Service which supports traumatically bereaved children and young people who may have had a parent or other close family member die as a result of murder, suicide, road traffic collision or other sudden or multiple deaths. We are increasingly seeing children in the Trauma Service who are suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder for non-bereavement reasons. Presenting issues include sexual abuse and witness to domestic violence.
- The charity also fund an annual Remembrance Service for bereaved children and their families who have accessed the service.
- Resources and materials for our Young Carers group sessions and respite activity days so they can enjoy a day away from their normal caring responsibilities.
- Residential weekends for bereaved children giving them an opportunity to participate in activities to increase their self-esteem and resilience.
- Our annual Family Day where bereaved families can come together, share their experiences and have some fun.
- The Recreational Therapeutic Service for those children who struggle to talk about how they feel or have difficulties managing their behaviour.
The children we meet need specialist support to help increase self –esteem and build resilience. With help from supporters, our experienced clinicians are able to provide the right support, at the right time, for each individual child ~ allowing them to go forward and reach their full potential.
There are many ways to support local children by supporting Friends of CHUMS…
Organise a fundraising event with your friends, sports club, hobby group, society or faith group and invite your local community to join you! See our Get Involved page for loads of inspiring fundraising ideas!
Nominate “Friends of CHUMS” as a beneficiary for community events, sharing our events on social media and talking about what we do to friends and family all helps let people know that CHUMS needs help from the local community.
Nominate “Friends of CHUMS” for a Charity of the Year partnership or fundraise among staff with dress down days, cake bakes and team challenges. Some organisations match fund what is raised by staff fundraising activities, which doubles the amount donated! There are also a number of corporate foundations who will support charities that their staff volunteer for or with which they have some other personal involvement.
Joining one of our many UK and overseas treks or bike rides as a personal or corporate team challenge. The choice is extensive and covers skydiving, fire walking and 10k runs all the way up to marathons, cycling from London to Paris and climbing Kilimanjaro. The only limit is your imagination!
You can set up a standing order for any amount that you wish by completing the regular giving part of our Donation Form.