Stillbirth and Neonatal Bereavement Service
CHUMS is working alongside Luton and Dunstable University Hospital, Keech Children’s Hospice and Luton Community Palliative Care Team to provide support to parents and other family members when a baby is given a palliative diagnosis in the womb, is stillborn or dies soon after birth.
Support is offered in a number of ways:
- Telephone advice and support to parents
- Individual or couples counselling
- Monthly support groups that provide an opportunity for bereaved parents to come together.
- Family workshops; a memory day in the summer and a Remembrance Service in December which can include parents, grandparents, siblings and other family members
- Access to bereavement service for sibling